INSTAGIB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

home forum for gaming clan INSTAGIB

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» PS4 / Vita
Get to know a clan member! EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 am by xP1GxB3N1Sx

» leaving GIB
Get to know a clan member! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:59 am by xP1GxB3N1Sx

» movie trailer
Get to know a clan member! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:03 am by Lusitanian

» MEMBER LIST! POST HERE TO JOIN!
Get to know a clan member! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:14 am by chris_vicious

» Logos & Sigs.
Get to know a clan member! EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 6:36 pm by Guest

» Dropping like flies.
Get to know a clan member! EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 5:46 pm by chris_vicious

» Get to know a clan member!
Get to know a clan member! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:29 pm by Guest

» If you are interested in an Officer role for the clan... please read.
Get to know a clan member! EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 11:48 pm by Lusitanian

» YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE TERMINATED IF...........
Get to know a clan member! EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:47 pm by Guest

Poll
What day do you want for Tourneys/Matches? Top two win.
sunday
Get to know a clan member! I_vote_lcap30%Get to know a clan member! I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 13 ]
monday
Get to know a clan member! I_vote_lcap7%Get to know a clan member! I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
tuesday
Get to know a clan member! I_vote_lcap14%Get to know a clan member! I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
wednesday
Get to know a clan member! I_vote_lcap12%Get to know a clan member! I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
thursday
 12% [ 5 ]
friday
 12% [ 5 ]
saturday
Get to know a clan member! I_vote_lcap14%Get to know a clan member! I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 43
Statistics
We have 11 registered users
The newest registered user is iG*BitchBlaster

Our users have posted a total of 1747 messages in 204 subjects

Get to know a clan member!

Go down 
+3
imabeast48
manrivas
ihatederekreed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ihatederekreed
Admin
ihatederekreed

Get to know a clan member! Empty
PostSubject: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:01 pm

It is not necessary for any of you to take part in this thread if you dont want to, but i always tend to play better when i play with people i actually know and am actually friends with. While most of us will never meet face to face, it wont hurt to know a bit about each other so we have something to relate to and can become closer as a team.

I will go first and post just some random stuff about me. If you want to contribute, it does not have to be in any specific format and it doesnt matter what you say and dont say. Just anything that might help the next person be like "hey... i like that to... i will be sure to watch his back better next time" type of thing.

So here it goes:

Name: Derek Reed (hence my SN ihatederekreed ... i thought it would funny and i hopefully never have to worry about somebody else having this account name)
Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan.
Current Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

I am a PDR Master Technician for a company called Dent Wizard. Basicly i fix dents in high line cars (lexus, mercedes, porsche, audi, jag, etc.)

I am married and have a 4 month old daughter. Wife named Sara (she plays roller derby and while she hates video games, she never stands in the way of my addiction) and daughter named Lenna.

I used to be a professional guitarist for a metal band named "Signs Of Collapse" from Detroit. I have also played for a few other bands ("Closed Casket Funeral" from Windsor, "Thank the Knife" from Indianapolis). I did this full time for about 4-5 years. This includes touring across quite a few countries and recording a few albums. You can check the main band out at SIGNSOFCOLLAPSE but i am pretty much retired from music right now.

My current hobbies, aside from the obvious Video Game addiction, include SCA Fighting, reading, and listening to tons of music.

SCA fighting takes up a bit of my time, as i practice at least once a week, and tournament season is about to start which will be at least two saturdays a month. If you dont know what SCA Fighting is... basicly its full contact fighting, but i wear full armor (real armor made of steel and high density plastics and foams) and i hit people as hard as i can with a sword made of solid rattan (basicly a solid bamboo stick) ... its pretty intense and very awesome.... check out SCA FIGHTING on YouTube.

I have a MYSPACE, but i rarely ever check it (its shared with my wife and she pretty much uses it, while i only use it to host pictures and talk to some old band friends). If you have one you can add me as a friend, but i think its set up to be private, so you cant see it otherwise.... sorry...

Thor529 is my younger and super bad ass brother. This is why he is already an officer. He has joined the forum, but seems to be feeling a little shy for some reason, hence no posting.

Anyway... thats quite a bit of info, but really just the tip of the iceberg.

Like i said before, you dont have to post anything here if you just want to be known by your SN, but can all feel free to call me Derek ingame or feel free to ask me about anything. We can all be friends here if we want, and it may help us as a team... but thats just my opinion.

D.
Back to top Go down
https://instagib.forumotion.com
manrivas

manrivas

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Ok well since im gonna be gaming with all of you might as well tell you a little about myself.

Name: Emmanuel Rivas
Where i reside: Orem, Utah

Born in southern California.

Well right now im currently not working. Work ran dry so im just waiting for the economy to stabilize a bit. I work in residential construction. I frame houses from the ground up for a company called OB1 Construction. And yes, that name is totally influenced by Star Wars. I have a lot of free time now so Killzone 2 will fit the bill perfectly.

Some of my hobbies include well gaming obviously, but also working out. I work out daily. Also i consider myself to be a videophile and audiophile. I have a decent sized collection of Blu-rays, and also get about 15-20 a month from Netflix. I love movies. During the summer, everything takes a back seat to my real passion, downhill mountain biking. That is something i really enjoy and try to do everyday in the summer.
If you dont know what it is feel free to ask me about it.
If you wanna know anything else, just ask.
Back to top Go down
ihatederekreed
Admin
ihatederekreed

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Pretty sweet. I used to do industrial construction (concrete laborer) when i was younger, and i to am a huge video and audio nerd. My movie collection is pushing about 600+ currently, and i just got rid of about 100 or so VHS tapes.. (gave most of them to Thor)... and my Xbox is pretty much a dedicated netflix machine lately because i enjoy the PS3 much more...
Back to top Go down
manrivas

manrivas

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:41 pm

Ill also add that you can call me manny or chewie ingame.
Back to top Go down
imabeast48

imabeast48

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Name: Kevin Quinn
Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (suburbs)

Right now im still currently in school but i have a job as a busboy at a restaurant. I also play guitar but ive only been playing for a little over a year. I play ice hockey and golf too and i work out often. And obviously I love videogames. I dont really have much more to say. My life is pretty boring right now.

Edit: and you guys can call me Kevin ingame
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Name: Curon Johnson

I'm still a HS student right now. Studying Graphic Arts. I've been using Photoshop for like 4 years(THE CS4 LAYOUT SUCKS DONKEY BALLS). I stopped doing sigs and stuff a couple months ago for some reason, but I'll be getting back into it. Besides vidya games, my hobbies are Manga/ANime, and watching comedy movies/shows. I also love making my friends laugh and being a clown. If I don't get into Graphic Arts after school, I'll be a comedian most likely. Making ShamWOW commercials n stuff.

So uhhh . . . no other hobbies besides those.

I prefer not to be called by my real name, I like to be called AML on these here webz. CJ is fine too, But AML > CJ in preference.

My AIM is NitroAML, My Yahoo is Flamecerbrus@yahoo.com, my MSN is Flamecerbrus@hotmail.com. I'm most likely to be on AIM.
Back to top Go down
imabeast48

imabeast48

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Whoa dude i live near philly too. what highschool do you go too. I go to Lansdale Catholic HS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:55 am

Mastbaum ATVS
Back to top Go down
imabeast48

imabeast48

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 4:51 pm

ok never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
xP1GxB3N1Sx

xP1GxB3N1Sx

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:30 pm

Name: Nick W

you can call me nick, or pig it doesn't matter
my favorite tv show is futurama
i like a variety of music, just not one hit wonders
i like to mod and fix things,
i used to be a xbox fanboy (hides) but gave up on it after 3 went bad on me so i traded my xbox for a wii, sold the wii for cash, 50 dollars more and i had a ps3.
used to be in a clan XGC aka xiled gaming when halo 2 was the best game - imo
first games i remember playing is mike tysons knockout duckhunt and supermario bros when i was three

feel welcome to ask me any questions if you would like
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:48 pm

Name: Charlie Kohler
Birthplace: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Current Location: Pompano Beach, Florida

I am in my freshman year of college. Had to stay home because I had back surgery last March and needed to stay home this year. I have no idea what I want to go to school for so right now I'm just taking a few different classes.

I've played baseball since I was 4 and I tried many other sports throughout the years. I took up golf recently since my surgery and am loving it.

Im a rocker through and through. Favorite bands have to be Metallica, ACDC, Van Halen, etc.; all the good stuff.

I have an awesome girlfriend named Krista who loves to play video games (I got her hooked on Kingdom Hearts and God of War Razz ) We seriously spend every chance we get together.

Not much else to know. Im addicted to games, love my girl, and am just trying to get through college so I can make a living.

When it comes to games I am pretty well mannered. I never understood getting upset when I lose. So you can count on me to always be in high spirits. Although it was like that when I played baseball too.

I basically just want to have fun. I like jumping on and playing with a bunch of friends rather than playing with a bunch of random guys. With this clan Im hoping that I get to play with friends, have fun, and still get to kick some butt, haha.
Back to top Go down
TheFeig

TheFeig

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Name: Adam Feigel
Birthplace: Evansville, IN
Current Location: Indianapolis, IN

I am a project manager for a commercial electrical contractor called Long Electric. Currently, I commute to and from Lafayette, IN to work on site at a large hospital project we are involved with.

I am 29 and married with a 19 month old daughter. My wife hates gaming but has learned to live with it. I've had a 360 for a few years, and finally just got a PS3 last weekend. I'm not a FPS expert by any means, but I've played my fair share.

I also write album reviews for v2.metalreviews.com, so please head over there and check it out if you're a fan of hard rock or any form of metal. I tend to focus on doom since that's my favorite genre.
Back to top Go down
http://v2.metalreviews.com
ihatederekreed
Admin
ihatederekreed

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Hey man, maybe we could get together sometime for a beer. We seem to have a decent amount in common (IE: wife, baby, metal, games, etc).

I live right next to Rock Bottom Brewery on 86th street... so there is always a close place to get some good brew after playing a few matches.

Hell, who knows, maybe the wives can be friends and entertain each other while we game!

HAH!

D.
Back to top Go down
TheFeig

TheFeig

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:42 pm

ihatederekreed wrote:
Hey man, maybe we could get together sometime for a beer. We seem to have a decent amount in common (IE: wife, baby, metal, games, etc).

I live right next to Rock Bottom Brewery on 86th street... so there is always a close place to get some good brew after playing a few matches.

Hell, who knows, maybe the wives can be friends and entertain each other while we game!

HAH!

D.

Sounds good. I live just south of 465 on Meridian (on the south side, closer to Greenwood). What kind of stuff is your wife into? My wife is 24 and a nursing student. She loves to go dancing, and she's a former art school student.
Back to top Go down
http://v2.metalreviews.com
ihatederekreed
Admin
ihatederekreed

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Im right off of Michigan and 86th street basically. Right next to the Trader Joes, Gamestop, and ROCK BOTTOM BREWERY!!! They have great beer if you havent been there before... and im assuming you drink beer.

My wife (sara) is a hair stylist that works at a Salon / Art Gallery in Fountain Square called Alchemy. She also does roller derby and makes custom made crazy artsy baby clothes for people. She is a pretty crazy tattood metal artsy girl... gotta lover her..

D.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 7:49 pm

My name is: Bryon Horn
Born in: Little Rock,AR
Live: Texarkana,TX

I am a truck driver. I haul cars from repo lots and dealerships all over Arkansas to Dallas auto auctions.
I am married, have a 5yr old daughter. I was in Construction building power plants in Virginia and Florida but wanted to b home after daughter was born. ( I really miss the money )

I am a video game and movie addict. I love to play paintball both speed and recreational. I like to mud on four wheeler. I play golf, used to play roller hockey ( have nobody to play anymore ). I play imafia on my phone while waiting in my truck ( my family number is 121854454 if any one wants to add if they play ).

Im not the great at fps but like to play. I am a laid back guy who like to drink beer and cookout with friends but i will drink alone. I do drink and play PS3 i dont get upset if i lose but would rather win i might say some things during play but wont b twards my team members. I want to play with a group of people i know im tiered of playn with random people who dont listen when u say where the enemy is or that they are about to kill them.

That is a little about me if anyone wants to know more please feel free to ask u can contact me by email: heath870@yahoo.com, AIM: towmater870

you can call me mater in game

Last edited by mater1976 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 am

Ooo, I am addicted to iMafia on my phone. Ill be sure to add you to my family. Im "Cat in the Hat" (don't ask, I just randomly picked it, haha)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:09 am

Name: Glyn Taft
Lives: Colwyn Bay, North Wales, UK

Off work at the moment due to knee injury, not due back to work for 5 weeks so will have plenty of time on Killzone 2.

Huge movie fan, have a vast amount of dvd's. Favorite movie Seven Samurai.
Reason's for joining: This seemed to be a fresh young site, that has the ability to grow in strength and numbers and thought I would like to be apart of that.

Name on Line:CrazedHobbit everyone calls me Hobbit.

What would I bring to the team: I am what you call a proper team player, I don't go for Kill/Death ratio(I am not bad well above average tbh). I am more of concentrating on the objective player, a player who plays for the win(ALSO FOR THE FUN). But would quite happily sacrfice his score or personal points if it meant that the team won the game.
Looking forward to catching you guys online.
Back to top Go down
Lusitanian

Lusitanian

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Welll, here goes nothing lol

Name: Andre Campos

Place of residents: New Jersey

Im finishing up my freshman year of college, studying to be a computer engineer. I like to screw around with computers, see what i can do with them and what i can learn. I play video games constantly and have played them since i can remember, first game would have to be Duke Nukem 3d muahahaha!, i like to make people laugh so i crack jokes a lot, although i may be a little timid and shy at first. I like to play paintball, skateboard, soccer, and just chill with friends. Im a big music guy and ill listen to most anything. Ive only been part of one successful clan and that was CV back in the halo PC days.....those were good days. I hope that this clan with the help of all you, can be a great experience, and i hope to play many games especially kz2 with you all. Everyone here seems mad cool from what Ive read so i guess ill see you guys around the battlefield Very Happy lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:26 pm

^^ Where do you go to college and is it good?

Name: Steve

I'm a junior in high school. I plan to go to college for computer programing and computer engineering. I love computers and technology almost as much as I love gaming. other geeky things I like to do are watch podcasts, movies, tv. I just started getting into comic books and read watchmen as my first comic.

it is also good to see that many people hear like metal. My favorite bands are Linkin Park,Metallica,Born of Osiris,iwresltedabearonce, As I lay Dying and disturbed.

As for other hobbies I have been playing the guitar for 2 1/2 years now but I dont practice enough to get good. I hope to get better this summer. Also I love to play lacrosse and watch baseball.
Back to top Go down
chris_vicious

chris_vicious

PostSubject: My info   Get to know a clan member! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Name : Chris

I have been in and out of bands for 8 years. I spent the last 4 on the road touring with a band called My Hero Is Me on Tragic Hero records. I left the band to go back to school for graphic design/web design/ game design. I am hopefully interning at Insomniac this summer ::crosses fingers::

I am currently cast as a lead for the movie Reservations being shot in NC and SC. I train in jujitsu every week and will be starting in tournaments soon.

I am originally from CT but moved to NC because of the my previous band. Currently I live in Hillsville (yes thats a town) Virginia. Its cheap and about an hour from winston salem.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/ieffinloveyou

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Name: Stephen Hamilton
Born: Daugavpils, Latvia
Live: Tucson, Arizona :/

I hate to say it, but I'm only a junior in High school. I currently am working towards getting training in the Tucson Firefighters Department. Going into training for them this summer.

My main hobby in life is parkour, I have been training on and off for about a year, but have only recently started to seriously train with a few friends around the city. Not easy though, you can get hassled by cops very easily in America, simply because of all the private property and trespassing issues.

Sorry for not posting here earlier, this is a good thread to read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:29 pm

Name: Andrew Hovey(pronounced huvy)
Hometown: Syracuse, NY
Study: Construction Management Engineering

I see that Emmanuel and Adam are both in construction. I do some framing on the side when I am not working for a General contractor or in school.
Obviously I am in college, junior year. I got my ps3 about a year ago and started playing COD4, and the addiction has continued all the way to KZ2.
Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, gaming, outdoors, weight lifting

This is a neat thread, it almost puts a face to you guys. Neat to see some of you guys married and with kids, hope I can still be gaming when I am at that stage in my life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get to know a clan member!   Get to know a clan member! Empty

Back to top Go down

Get to know a clan member!
Page 1 of 1